Silicon Valley, Entrepreneurial Mindset : Part I
After doing some research about Silicon Valley, I decided to write this post to try to answer some questions for my audience, and to also inform them about this special part of the San Francisco Bay. ( I live in Boston )
My post has two parts. Part one includes data and information found through my research. Part two focuses more on the personal experiences of my friends who are residents and social media entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley.
Then, we can have a fuller vision and very close to reality .
Part I : Data e Info
The city was initially known as “The Valley of Heart’s Delight”, but in 1971 was nick-named by journalist Don Hoefler, as we all know now: Silicon Valley ( SV ) .
The San Francisco Bay is known for:
- The Natural Beauty
- Liberal Vision
- Entrepreneurial vision
Important results about what are the top strengths of doings in SV ?
- 71% Access to skilled labor
- 60% Entrepreneurial mindset
- 44% Proximity with customers and competitors ( Very Important )
Companies that were founded in SV, :
- Facebook Inc
- Yahoo Inc
- Google Inc
- Twitter Inc
- Netflix Inc
Venture Capital :
The entrepreneurial spirit and forgiveness of the failure is a culture.
- Atari started with $ 250 and people thought that a completely crazy idea to play on the TV.
- Hewlett Packard with $ 500
Salaries and Job Opportunities in SV:
- According with Fast Company in the following infographic : rates and salaries in SV are above average in all United States.
- Product and Marketing Manager’s have higher incomes.
A win/win way to recruit in Silicon Valley :
- The race for talent in SV is Highly competitive.
- Companies like Facebook and Google and some Startups, offer incredible compesations packages that include access to stocks and other benefits. ( I’ve had the opportunity to work in that system at Merck & Co, is an excellent system ).
I found some answers on Quora about personality of the residents, workers and entrepreneurs, and vary, as elsewhere in the world, there is no perfect world, but, here a good one :
The Startups Culture in SV
According with Quora, a comparison the Startups culture between NYC and SV :
- SV is the first city in U.S. in number of Startups, which shows us the entrepreneurial culture in this part of the world.
Additional Info :
- San Francisco Bay have approximately 7.15 million of population.
- Sand Hill Road has been know as the “Street of the dreams”
- Stanford University and University of California Berkeley are here.
- There are two TV shows inspired by SV: the famous Silicon Valley by HBO and Start-Ups: Silicon Valley
Source and Templates : Slide Share,Wikipedia, Google, Quora, Brian Solis, Marketing Xlerator, Fast Company.
Ps.- this post is available in Spanish also here
*I did this research for myself, the data/info may vary.
- Haz clic para compartir en Twitter (Se abre en una ventana nueva)
- Comparte en Facebook (Se abre en una ventana nueva)
- Haz clic para compartir en Google+ (Se abre en una ventana nueva)
- Haz clic para compartir en Pinterest (Se abre en una ventana nueva)
- Hac clic para enviar por correo electrónico a un amigo (Se abre en una ventana nueva)
This entry was posted on julio 11, 2014 at 15:37 and is filed under Data, Entrepreneurship, Leaderships, Marketing Media, Networking, Organizations, Silicon Valley, Social Media, StartUps. You can subscribe via RSS 2.0 feed to this post's comments.comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.